Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome to CTE's Art Room Adventures!

Well, here it is- my first attempt at a blog!  I've decided to do this because unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of interaction with parents (since I'm not a homeroom teacher.)  I thought this would be a great way to communicate with you- sort of an "interactive newsletter" and also for you to see what goes on in the art room.  You will get a chance to read about what your child is learning & even see some pictures of them in action while creating! 

I'd LOVE to hear back from you...what your child thinks about the project they are working on, any comments, questions you may have, etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

~Mrs. Kelly Bortner
  CTE Art Teacher


6 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Bortner,

    My name is Denise Seachrist and I am Hayden Shoemaker's grandmother. Hayden is in K and has Mrs. Whitcomb as his teacher. I think this is a great idea. I find it so funny that when you ask them what they did in school today they say "nothing." We have a 4 year old in pre-school and he does the exact same thing. I have found that if I actually know what he did and ask about that specifically, then he will talk about what he learned.

    Mrs. Whitcomb is very good about sending out a newsletter at the end of the week with information about what they did for the week and I can usually get some information when I ask questions about what I saw in the newsletter.

    Thank you for your willingess to go the extra mile to get to know us and let us see what you are doing with the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! I am REALLY excited about this & can't wait to share with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for this, and for being an engaged teacher at CTE. I can't wait to see more posts!!! GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this blog!! What an awesome idea!

    I will be checking back in to see what wonderful artwork our CTE designers are crafting.

    Thank you for all you do and for sharing your talent and passion for art with our CTE students :-)

    Tina Hagarman

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear from all of you! Spread the word to the other families that this is out there now so they can join too! I LOVE hearing from you & am looking forward to establishing this school-to-home connection. Keep checking back for more posts & pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm Jarryn Myers mom and I think this is great! I love looking at all of the artwork the kids do as I loved art and took classes up through high school. Thanks for creating this!

    ReplyDelete